How to Pay/View My Bill
LEARN HOW ONLINE BILLING AND AUTO-PAY CAN SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE!
We offer three ways to pay your bill:
- Online is the easiest and most sustainable way to pay, using PayPal, a credit or debit card, or a direct ACH payment from your bank account. Choose our Auto-Pay option to automatically deduct your payment, and you'll never miss a due date. It’s easy to set up an online account to view and pay your bills—see below for options and fees, and watch the video at right to see how easy it is.
- By Mail—We begin by mailing paper bills to all customers until they choose to “go paperless.” Each bill comes with a return envelope to send a check, or you can deliver a payment in person (see below). Here is a guide to reading your paper bill.
- In Person You can hand deliver a check or cash to our office from 7 am to 4 pm, Monday–Friday. You can also drop a check in our after-hours mail drop any time.
Most Greater Augusta Utility District bills are monthly; the only exception is Hallowell and a few sewer-only customers, who are billed quarterly.
Contact the office at (207) 622-3701. Before you call, please have your account information available. You can also email us suggestions or comments at any time.
HOW TO VIEW & PAY YOUR BILLS ONLINE
All you’ll need to start is your unique GAUD Account Number and “Location Address", both of which are on the top right hand corner of your bill. (Click here for a visual "How To.”) Enter both exactly as they appear on the printed bill, making sure to include any zeroes shown ahead of the account number.
You can set up an account—which will also let you set up Auto-Pay—OR pay your bill without creating an account.
ONLINE PAYMENT OPTIONS/FEES
- You can automatically pay your GAUD bills FREE via PayPal. If you don't yet have a PayPal account, go to PayPal.com, and click the Sign Up button. The third-party payment company that provides this service collects a fee of $2.50.
VIA CREDIT/DEBIT CARD:
- The third-party payment company that provides this service collects a fee of $2.50. . Any fees that are applied by the third-party payment company are explained prior to executing your online transaction.
- The payment limit is $200.00 per transaction. (Customers who wish to process payments larger than $200 in a single transaction must call the office for assistance and an explanation of fees.)
- You can access your payment history if you ever need a receipt or record...all 24/7/365!
VIA YOUR OWN BANK:
- You may instruct your financial institution to pay your bills using ETF (Electronic Funds Transfer) or ACH (Automated Clearing House) pay options. This option is very popular and very easy since it summarizes all bill payment activity monthly.
- Each credit union or bank has a different method, but most in our service area provide an EFT option to pay from your account to us without mailing a check. Some financial institutions charge a nominal fee for this service, while others have no fees. Contact your financial institution for details.
Click here to view Your Account information. This link will allow you to look up more detailed account information and history if you need that for analytical purposes.