Annual System-Wide Water Main Flushing Program
The Greater Augusta Utility District will be flushing its water mains and hydrants from Monday, October 2nd, 2017 through Friday, October 6, 2017. Click here to view the daily work schedule for areas to be flushed.
- Monday, October 2nd, 2017 beginning at 7:30 AM - Townsend Road, Sand Hill area, east side of the Kennebec River exclusive of the following areas: Riverside Drive north of O’Connor’s, Mayfair area, Hospital Street, Eastern Avenue to Spring Road.
- Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017 beginning at 7:30 AM - Western Avenue from Meadow Road to Pelton Hill, Old Winthrop Road, Whitten Road, Granite Hill Estates, south end of Leighton Road, Eastern Avenue from Hospital Street to Spring Road, Hospital Street from Eastern Avenue to Chelsea line, Mayfair area, Cony Road, New England Road.
- Wednesday, October 4th, 2017 beginning at 5:30 AM - Manchester, East Winthrop, Western Avenue from Meadow Road to Pike Street, Ganneston Park, Blaine Avenue.
- Thursday, October 5th, 2017 beginning at 7:30 AM - Riverside Drive from Rte. 3 to Vassalboro town line, Civic Center Drive from Gaywalk Street to Bog Road, Augusta Business Park.
- Friday, October 6th, 2017 beginning at 5:30 AM - West side of the Kennebec River from Bond Brook Road to lower State Street and Sewall Street, including Leighton Road, Water Street, west side neighborhoods from Bridge Street to Western Avenue and east of Pike Street.
Flushing may result in some rusty or off-colored water for a short period of time. As an extra precaution, please avoid washing your clothes while the flushing activity is underway. If your water does not clear by 9:00 AM the following morning, please contact the District at 622-3701.
Thank you for your patience in this matter.