Annual System Wide Main Flushing Program
ATTENTION: ALL GREATER AUGUSTA UTILITY DISTRICT CUSTOMERS
RE: ANNUAL SYSTEM WIDE MAIN FLUSHING PROGRAM
The Greater Augusta Utility District will be flushing its mains throughout its system beginning on Monday, September 26th, 2016 and continuing for five (5) consecutive days through Friday, September 30, 2016. Click here to view the daily work schedule for areas to be flushed.
The weekly schedule as follows:
- Monday, September 26th, 2016
- Townsend Road, Sand Hill area, east side of the Kennebec River exclusive of the following areas: Riverside Drive north of O’Connor’s, Mayfair area, Hospital Street, Eastern Avenue to Spring Road.
- Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
- Western Avenue from Meadow Road to Pelton Hill, Old Winthrop Road, Whitten Road, Granite Hill Estates, south end of Leighton Road, Eastern Avenue from Hospital Street to Spring Road, Hospital Street from Eastern Avenue to Chelsea line, Mayfair area, Cony Road, New England Road.
- Wednesday, September 28th, 2016
- Manchester, East Winthrop, Western Avenue from Meadow Road to Pike Street, Ganneston Park, Blaine Avenue.
- Thursday, September 29th, 2016
- Riverside Drive from Rte. 3 to Vassalboro town line, Civic Center Drive from Gaywalk St to Bog Road, Augusta Business Park
- Friday, September 30th, 2016
- West side of the Kennebec River from Bond Brook Road to lower State Street and Sewall Street, including Leighton Road, Water Street, west side neighborhoods from Bridge Street to Western Avenue and east of Pike Street.
Flushing will occur between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm each day except Wednesday and Friday, which will begin at 5:30 am, and will likely result in some rusty or off-colored water for a short period of time. Please avoid washing your clothes while the flushing activity is underway. If your water does not clear by 9:00 am the following morning, please contact the District at 622-3701.
Thank you for your patience in this matter.